Skip to main content
Student Sale Offers Unique and Creative Gifts

Student Sale Offers Unique and Creative Gifts

Posted: November 29, 2018

If you’re looking for an unusual or creative gift this holiday season, stop by the Czurles-Nelson Gallery in Upton Hall on December 5 or 6. There you can find an array of unique offerings that comprise the 22nd annual Student Sale

Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in programs within the Art and Design Department are selling an assortment of artwork ranging from photographs and paintings to jewelry and scarves.

The sale runs from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 5, and 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 6.

It includes some 800 pieces of artwork in a variety of styles.

“Each year we are amazed at the quality and breadth of work the students produce,” said Carol Townsend, associate professor of art and design who has served as the faculty adviser since the sale’s inception. “There should be something for everyone.”

She said students are encouraged to keep their prices affordable for shoppers on a range of budgets. Students make a profit, as they are able to keep 75 percent of their sales. The remaining 25 percent pays for the sale’s expenses, such as advertising and refreshments. If there is a balance, money is funneled proportionately to the programs in which the work was created.

“The annual student sale provides a real-world opportunity for students to sell the artwork they’ve been working on,” Townsend said. “They also get to see how the public views their wares and what ends up selling.”

For more information, call (716) 878-4986.

Tagged as: , , ,

News Archive

2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000

Contact Information

Jerod T. Dahlgren
Communications Director
(716) 878-4201
dahlgrjt@buffalostate.edu

Laurie A. Kaiser
Assistant Director, Communications
(716) 878-3520
kaiserla@buffalostate.edu

Michael T. Canfield
Communications Specialist
(716) 878-3517
canfiemt@buffalostate.edu

Mark Norris
Editor, News and Events
(716) 878-4859
norrisma1@buffalostate.edu

News Tags

Alumni |
Dance |
Design |
Film |
Giving |
Music |
Runway |
SUNY |
WBNY |