Wooden Cities is both an ensemble and a collective of performers and composers seeking to help increase the performance and awareness of contemporary music in the Western New York area through unique, educational presentations. Formed in July 2011, the group served as a vehicle for director Brendan Fitzgerald to present John Zorn's game piece Cobra. Since that time, the group has grown to include nearly a dozen performers and is constantly seeking new works by new composers while continuing to present works by some of the essential, yet underrepresented composers of the 20th and 21st centuries.
Ciminelli Recital Hall Event Information:
• Admission: Free to Students, $10 General Admission
• Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
• Performance starts at 7:30 p.m.
• Ciminelli Recital Hall is located on floor 3 of Rockwell Hall at Buffalo State College
• Handicap accessible entrance with elevator to the recital hall located via building entrance at parking lot I-30 (rear of Rockwell Hall off the Iroquois Drive entrance to campus off Elmwood Avenue)
• Free parking for this event will be in the general campus lots surrounding Rockwell Hall (Lots R-1, R-2, R-3 off the Rockwell Road entrance to campus; Lots I-30, I-32, I-33 off the Iroquois entrance to campus)
Purchase tickets online: