Buffalo State is open today, Tuesday, October 30. All classes and events will take place as scheduled.
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012
Buffalo State has canceled all evening classes that begin at 4:30 p.m. and after for Monday, October 29, due to expected inclement weather from Hurricane Sandy. All Monday evening events are also canceled. The library, including StudyQuad, will close at 5:00 p.m. Monday and reopen when classes resume.
Given the expected strong winds and heavy rains, the Buffalo State community is encouraged to remain indoors during the storm and monitor this page for updates.
Storm Tips for Residence Hall Students
Due to the impending storm, please adhere to the following until further notice:
- Close, lock, and latch all windows and doors.
- Do not prop open doors.
- Remain sheltered in place within your room, suite, or apartment.
- Resident Dining will remain operational as normal.
- Retail Dining will remain open. There will be limited service after 4:00 p.m. at Subway, Spot Coffee, Tomato, and Outtakes.
- All elevators will remain operational. However, students are encouraged not to use the elevators as if there is a loss of power, individuals may remain stuck in the elevator until power is restored.
- In the event of a power outage, each building main entrance will have a by-pass core installed.
- Your bedroom key will permit access to the main student entrance.
- Porter Hall and Cassety Hall residents will be issued a front door key.
- Residents should refrain from utilizing the laundry machines in the event of a power outage.
- The cable television system may go down due to high winds.
- In the event of a power outage, each building has emergency generator power and the fire alarm system will remain operational.
- DO NOT USE CANDLES AT ANY TIME.
- The heat within the buildings may be affected if a power outage occurs.
Residents at the Lofts @ 136
- Non-perishable food will be delivered to the Lofts for distribution as necessary at 3:00 p.m. today. Food to be distributed only in the event of a power outage.
- Bus service will remain operational unless a State of Emergency is in effect.
- Residents are encouraged to remain at the Lofts.
Residence Hall Staffing
- All Complex Director/Resident Director and paraprofessional staff are to remain on campus throughout the evening.
- Residence Life maintenance and custodial staff will remain on campus through 11:30 p.m. Monday and beyond, if necessary.
- Staff should utilize radio communication for any emergency need.